Since the new year is right around the corner I thought that I’d think about how I lived in 2016 as far as achieving my goals. For the majority of the year I worked in a mentally stunting place but my new job allows me to constantly be around books, aka one of my loves. While it’s a step in the right direction, it’s not exactly what I want.
I was reading a post from Missing Wanderer about living consciously and how she answered a tiny questionnaire to see if she was. I thought I’d share my own answers to see how far I’ve come.
1. Are you in a job that you fell into rather than the job you want?
Fell into… it was pretty must a desperate application to get out of my awful job. Love it though.
2. Are you doing things that are given to you rather than what you love to do?
Given to me. I haven’t done photography in so long…
3. Are you spending your time doing busy work rather than what you want to do with your days?
Busy work I guess. I’m just working to pay the bills honestly.
4. Do you wish you could spend more time with loved ones?
I really make an effort to see B and Ri as often as possible. I see them both at least once a week.
5. Do you find yourself overweight because you’ve been eating the food you’ve been eating for years and stuck in a rut of not exercising?
Not overweight per se, but I do wish that I went to the gym more often and ate better.
6. Do you find yourself living from paycheck to paycheck or in debt, not knowing where your money goes?
I’m not living paycheck to paycheck because I’m so damn frugal and I’ve been managing my student loans pretty well but I still wish I made more.
7. Do you find yourself wasting your time doing things that aren’t important rather than focusing on completing the things that are very important?
Y E S. I’m always doing something so when I finally have free time I just to relax, not good for productivity.
8. Do you go through your days not thinking about what you want out of life and how to get it?
I think about my goals almost every day. I know how I can start getting to them but I need to get a fire under my ass to actually get it going.
As you can see, I’m not living how I want to. For the new year I WILL be finding my motivation again. I’ll be enrolling in school in the fall so I need to start preparing and create a foundation so I won’t go to class a complete noob. For tips on how to live more consciously, here they are.
Have you been living consciously? Let me know if you answer the questionnaire!